Best Mobile Phones Under Rs. 15,000 in Nepal [Updated: October 2020]
Looking for an inexpensive yet quality smartphone? In search of a good starter phone for your young ones? Or, maybe you’re looking to gift one to your parents who don’t care about the specs but strive for one that is good on the hands? If you answered yes to any one of those, then this article is just what you need. Thanks to the growing competition and innovation in the smartphone industry, you can get great smartphones for as low as Rs. 15000. In this list, we’ve compiled the best phones under 15000 in Nepal, which offer great design alongside impressive performance.
Xiaomi Redmi 9A
Redmi 9A is the latest budget phone from Xiaomi in Nepal. It is the direct successor to last year’s Redmi 8A. Even though it’s a next-gen product, there is very little to get excited about as the upgrades that Redmi 9A brings are quite abysmal. And to make matters worse, Xiaomi has even stripped the device of multiple important features from its predecessor.
Starting off, Redmi 9A has a 6.53-inches IPS LCD panel with HD+ resolution. While there is nothing wrong with that, it now is void of any protective glass. If you recall, the Redmi 8A had Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Similarly, the body of 9A isn’t P2i coated against water splashes either.
Samsung Galaxy M01
At number 6 in our list of best phones under NPR 15000 in Nepal is the recently launched Samsung Galaxy M01. In fact, it is the only Samsung phone to be featured on this list. Featuring a typical plastic body, this is one of the cheapest Samsung phones available in Nepal. Besides this, it borrows different traits from the company’s M-lineup.
In a market like Nepal where Google’s Pixel lineup of smartphones isn’t officially available, Nokia is the next best thing to experience stock Android. And the latest phone from the company in Nepal is the Nokia 2.4. It is the successor to
Nokia 2.4 Specifications:
- Body: 165.85 x 76.30 x 8.39-mm; 189 gm
- Display: 6.5-inches panel
- Resolution: HD+(1600 x 720 pixels); 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P22; TSMC 12nm FinFET process
- Processor: Octa-core (8 x 2.0GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: IMG PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2/3GB
- Storage: 32/64GB (expandable up to 512 via a microSD card)
- Software & UI: Android 10
- Rear Camera: Dual-camera (13MP primary, 2MP depth), LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Security: Face-unlock, Fingerprint scanner
- Audio: 5mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), MicroSD card, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/Beidou, MicroUSB 2.0, OTG
- Battery: 4500 mAh AI-assisted Adaptive battery
- Colors: Fjord, Dusk, Charcoal
- Price: Rs. 14,599 (2/32GB)
Honor 8A Pro
The next entry in our list of best phones under NPR 15000 in Nepal is the Honor 8A Pro. Featuring a stylistic dual-tone design and a slightly glossy plastic back, the overall spec-sheet of the phone is decent considering other entries in this list. At the back of the phone lies the single 13MP camera with the LED flash underneath.
Coming to the front, Honor 8A Pro features a teardrop notch in the middle which houses the 8MP selfie shooter. By the way, the front camera also supports 3D Face Unlock. But if you’d like something more secure, there is also a physical fingerprint sensor at the back. While the top and side bezels are pretty much bare bones, the bottom bezel with the Honor branding is pretty huge.
Because of this, the screen-to-body ratio on the phone reaches just about 79%. Talking about the display, you’re getting a pretty compact 6.09-inches IPS LCD panel with HD+ resolution. On the performance end, this phone is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P35 SoC with PowerVR GE8320 GPU. This has been paired with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage that can be expanded up to 512GB.
Unlike modern Honor phones, the 8A Pro does ship with Google’s suite of applications as it runs on Android 9.0 Pie with Huawei’s EMUI 9.0 on top. In terms of battery, the phone has a pretty small 3020mAh cell that charges via a micro USB cable.
Honor 8A Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.09″ IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution (720 x 1560 pixels)
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 64GB onboard, expandable up to 512 GB
- Battery: 3020 mAh
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Price: Rs. 15,699* (3/64GB)